Friday, January 27, 2012

28 Weeks...

And it's officially the third trimester, less than 3 months to go...
How the HELL did that happen?!?!?
I think what makes me the most uncomfortable about reaching this new milestone is that at some point I have to actually start thinking about the one fact I have been able to avoid thinking about up until this point...I actually have to give birth to this child!  No, indeed it will NOT miraculously appear on my lap one day at the hospital, but I actually do have to go through that whole labor process.  A process I have managed to put out of my mind up until this point.  
There is a part of me that wants to panic, but then my sensible side says "Kelly, millions of women have been doing this for thousands of years.  Stop being such a wus!"  
That, and the fact that there's only one way out of this situation...
Time to suck it up.  But really, I don't think I need to bother myself with thinking about it until at least April...or when my water breaks...



Stats of the Week 
Size of baby:  About 14.8 inches and 2 1/4 lbs...the size of a Chinese cabbage.  I didn't realize the Chinese had their own special cabbages.

What I miss:  Eating and not feeling like I'm going to explode.  I'm fine at breakfast, but by the time I get to dinner I'm usually wondering how I'm going to fit a morsel of food in my belly

Best Moment this week: Being able to actually see the baby moving around.  Sounds strange, but when I push on my belly now I can actually tell what is baby and what's not, or where the baby is hanging out.  Very strange but very cool too. 

What baby likes AKA cravings: Nothing crazy, but I'm still amazed when I go for "just a bite" of apple pie and then I finish the whole piece.  It could be worse I suppose...I could be finishing the whole pie!  My sweet tooth just keeps surprising me!  That and a bag of white cheddar popcorn from trader joes didn't stand a chance this past week...

Movement:  Lots, mostly at night.  It's like we get a little performance now in the early evening.  Only annoying if it keeps up when I lie down to go to sleep.

Sleep:  OK

Looking Forward to: Well I should be saying going to Aruba next week...but we're not going.  I guess this is the first "parental decision" we had to make, the first of many to come in our future!  You see, I made our Presidents Club list for 2011 and the trip is to Aruba this year.  TECHNICALLY I'm still in the time frame to travel, however neither Bryan or I were comfortable with the distance and how long the flight is, the fact that I'm in my third trimester etc.  On top of all that my comfort level hasn't been the best lately since I've been having some back pains and I would hate to get down there and not enjoy myself.  Basically, we made the best decision for us and declined the trip this year.  *Sigh*  Here's hoping we make it next year!!

Picture: Here's two for good measure.  Gunnar is starting to get more acquainted with his future brother or sister...we hope!


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    This can be 1 of the top blogs I've actually arrive throughout on this subject.I liked this blog post.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete