How am I already almost to the end of my 2nd trimester, it doesn't seem possible!! I'm guessing it's because I feel like I haven't sat down in over a month! We certainly wasted NO time starting projects on the new house. Here's some things we have accomplished so far (with lots of help, thanks mom and dad!!)
- Unpacked (almost) ALL our boxes
- fixed plumbing issues in two bathrooms
- cleared out about 2 years worth of leaves from the front and back yard
- changed out some light switches
- added new shelving to the linen closet upstairs
- Changed shelving and rods in master closet
- converted an old pantry to a coat closet
- converted an old nothing closet to the new pantry
- PAINTED just about every wall in our house
- painted the kitchen cabinets from an old knotty pine to a nice cream (like the old house)
- Painted the garage and patched holes
(side note, we didn't do the painting ourselves FYI. Unfortunately the paint fumes also forced me to flee the house last night and have a little slumber at the Pino home. Thanks for putting me up!)
Whew! All that and we've only been in the house two weeks!! We still have a few more projects lined up over the next week or two before we take a break and switch our focus back to baby preparation!! I will get house pics up as soon as I get my act together!
Stats of the Week
Size of baby: 14" or about 1 2/3 lbs. About the size of a hothouse cucumber! I've realized though the size and weight predicted varies on which publication you're reading. These numbers come from babycenter.com each week.
What I miss: Eating a full meal without feeling ridiculously uncomfortable! It's like I'm full after 3 bites. I'm understanding the need for frequent small meals now.
Best Moment this week: Having some family and close friends in town and over the house this past weekend and everybody got to feel the baby moving around.
What baby likes AKA cravings: Two nights ago it was blue box mac and cheese!! I added sauteed spinach to it so that makes it healthy right!?!
Movement: more often at night than in the morning
Sleep: OK but I think I need another pillow in bed
Looking Forward to: My Dr's appointment next week. I have to do the gestational diabetes test and some other things and I want to get them over with! Hopefully everything is going ok!
Picture: And again...forgot to take one today. I'll work on it...