Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Quote time

I came across this quote today and it struck a cord with me.  Although I'm not quite a mother yet, I'm well aware that motherhood can be a challenging journey at times.  I know that Bryan and I are about to embark on one of the greatest adventures of our lives and with that comes excitement, anticipation, fear, anxiety and a whole other slew of emotions.  
I think it's good to have reminders to keep you grounded when things get tough.  

I'm not sure why this quote spoke to me, but I thought it would be a good one to keep on file.
Lately I feel my excitement growing louder than my worries which makes me happy.  My mother always told me that worry and stress is just wasted energy and I repeat that to myself often.  
The little things I've let myself worry about the past few months are just that, little things.  
Yes, labor is painful, but modern medicine is a wonderful thing.  Plus the pain is only temporary and the gift you get at the end is the real prize.  And yes, there will be long sleepless nights in my near future, but yet again it's temporary.  I'm trying my best to focus on the exciting things now like is it a boy or a girl?!?  What will he or she look like?  Are we going to have a baby with a funny nose? (a serious concern of ours, we have two very very different noses) Will it have hair?  Can we make a final decision on names?!?  And will I ever find a coming home outfit for the baby!!

These are the things I'm letting occupy my thoughts now.  Sure those little worries creep in every now and then, but I do my best to push them out of my head.  I know deep down everything will be just fine and I can't wait to start our new adventure!!

Sorry for the long rant.  I think it was more for me than anything else.  This is becoming very real very quick (even though I've had the past 9 months to prep).  So I guess I'll file away that little quote there and pull it out in the future when it's needed. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote, and oh so true!! It's so easy to get caught up in the unnecessary things, so reminders like that are essential! You are going to rock at motherhood. I'm anxiously awaiting the gender + name reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the greatest thing! Love the quote and love your attitude! It isn't easy to let the worries and anxieties go but isn't the greatest feeling to let yourself be excited?? You both will be amazing parents to the little miss or mister :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete