Thursday, April 19, 2012

40 Weeks...UNBELIEVABLE

Well.  
I'm still here, and baby is not.

Here's a direct quote from my doctor upon entering my exam room this past Tuesday
"Why are you still pregnant!?!"
Good question doc!  I was hoping you could shed some light on that for me!
Even the doctors are stumped.  I'm almost 3cm dilated and about as effaced as I'll get without going into labor and the baby is apparently as low as it'll get without going into labor.
At this point, I'm just doing what I can to try and stay as comfortable as possible...not easy.
 
This will most definitely be my last weekly post before baby though because they have scheduled me to be induced on Tuesday morning if baby decides to keep being stubborn.  So, if nothing else, the baby will be here within the next 5 days!!!
 
So here we go with the LAST preggo updates!
 
Size of baby:On average 20 inches long and about 7 1/2 lbs...like a small pumpkin.  Really?!?!

What I miss:  Not being pregnant. 

Best Moment this week: It was great to hear things have progressed more, but at this point it doesn't carry much weight. 
 
What baby likes AKA cravings:Anything I want!!!  I don't have to weigh myself again and I just don't care anymore.  If I want it, I'm eating it. 

Movement:  Enough to let me know it's still in there...and it's a strong little baby!  The kicks and jabs almost hurt these days!

Sleep:  More than usual because I have embraced melatonin.  Between the discomfort, the need to use the bathroom every hour, and my anxiousness growing I had to resort to something to help me get a little bit of rest!  I still get up every 2 hours or so to use the bathroom, but I feel like the sleep I'm getting is at least a little better. 

Looking Forward to: I'll give you one guess...meeting our sweet baby in the next few days!!
 
Picture: I'm so ready put some pictures of the baby and not my belly soon!!



Gunnar is squeezing in as much cuddle time as possible these days...

And here is where you can find me a lot of the time...lying in bed!!  Anything for a little comfort!

Tonight we're heading out for a little beach music festival to see if we can't dance the baby out! 
Ok ok, I'll probably be doing more bouncing than dancing.  
Anything to take our minds off of waiting on Baby Coble at this point!!
 
Well folks, that's it for my pregnancy updates!  
Next post will be to introduce our newest family member!
Think good thoughts for us and we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Mama! Can't wait to see pictures of my new baby cousin. Love, Elisabeth, Scott, & Charlie

    ReplyDelete