Thursday, November 10, 2011

17 Weeks

I would love to write about more than just my pregnancy stats, but in all honesty I don't have much else to write about right now!  I'm just sitting around, holding my breath  patiently waiting, for somebody to buy our house.  We have been getting great feedback on the showings, and have had a few showings in the week it's been on the market, but no offers yet 
 I'm keepin the faith though!!

But, once we do get moved there will be PLENTY of projects in the new house!  It makes me very happy, it gives Bryan anxiety.  I have to hide all of my lists from him of little projects we'll be doing.  I have the "now" list, the 1 year plan, the 5 year plan and the 5+ year plan.  The 5+ year plan is what really gets his blood pressure up considering I blow out the back of the house!  It makes me smile just thinking about it...but I'm getting ahead of myself again. 

OK, enough house rambling, back to the baby stats

Stats of the Week

Size of baby:  I'm told it's the size of a turnip.  Now I think small when I think turnip, but it says about 5 inches, or the lenth of your hand.  I think they could have picked a different vegetable for this week. 

What I miss: Not getting itchy when I exercise.  Long story short I get itchy when I exercise b/c I'm allergic to the histamines your body releases.  Usually I take an allergy pill and I'm fine, but apparently claritin and developing babies don't mix (kind of like wine).  So I finally accepted that my workout would be restricted to ellipticals and such during my pregnancy because typically I don't get itchy on them.  Well, guess what.  I'm getting itchy no matter what type of exercise I do now!  I got itchy simply walking through NYC last week and had to desperately hail a cab to drive me the remaining 5 measly blocks I had to walk.  I'm frustrated to say the least, and the Dr. says there's nothing I can do about it.  Super.  Good news is I am able to squeeze in about 15-20 min before the itchies start so that's better than nothing I guess.

Best Moment this week: Getting to see so many friends and family back in NJ and share our excitement over baby Coble

What baby likes AKA cravings:  An everything bagel and/or a cinnamon raisin bagel with whipped cream cheese.  Haven't gotten my hands on one yet but I have it on the agenda for this weekend.  I also added a cookout shake to that agenda last night. 

Movement:  Nope

Sleep:  time change has made me get more sleep than usual which I'm enjoying

Size of mommy:  Pants are definitely getting tight...I broke down after work yesterday and headed to the mall and purchased my first pair of maternity jeans.  I feel slightly rediculous in them, but my GOD are they more comfortable!

Looking Forward to:  Having said maternity jeans hemmed so I can actually wear them.

Picture:  Here you go.  Personally I don't find this picture very exciting, I just look chubby.  We need to work on the photographers skills as well.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's an iphone picture which is why the clarity sucks.  And don't worry mom, I have a haircut and coloring scheduled for next week.  I know it looks awful right now. 



3 comments:

  1. see, i think this is a cute picture (esp. since Gunnar wiggled his way in)! and i'm sorry your itchiness has gotten worse...all i can say is milk of magnesia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Gunnar can't be left out!

    ReplyDelete