Thursday, September 1, 2011

Goodbye, farewell...go away

Dearest Summer,
 There is no easy way to say this so I'm just going to be blunt...I'm over you.  While a few months ago I so yearned for your long days and warm buggy nights, I now hanker for a cooler breeze and less creepy crawlies.  Yes, we did have lots of fun.  I enjoyed the pool days and beach days and bar-b-ques with friends.  I love the carefree feeling you bring back that is reminiscent of childhood.  You inspire me to read more and watch less TV, but I'm going to be honest...I miss my DVR being filled with hours of mindless sitcoms and reality shows that only my new love can bring.  Fall. 
Cute sundresses and flip flops no longer ring my bell.  I want jeans and flats and scarves and boots!!!  I want football and the leaves changing color.  I want chili on cool nights and fires in the fireplace!!  I wish I could say I want a pumpkin spice latte but in reality they disgust me, I do however take pleasure in my friends excitement over the ever coveted Starbucks treat!  I'll satisfy my fall taste buds with cider and peppermint lattes! 
It seems inevitable that I will come crawling back to you, but I need a break.  Just give me a few months and I'm sure by April I'll be ready to see you again.  Thank you for a wonderful 2011, but you need to leave now.  I'll see you in 2012. 
All my love,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. right there with you! and this breezy weather is making me even more ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i almost forgot about mulled apple cider! bring on the fall!!!!!

    ReplyDelete