Friday, September 24, 2010

Summer, summer GO AWAY!



Now, don't get me wrong, I love summer. The long days and warm nights. Grilling out, and the beach, and summer in a glass (I'll have to explain that some other time). But you see, I also love fall, winter and spring! I would also like to enjoy those seasons, and well frankly...I think summer has out stayed it's welcome this year!!



Yesterday was my 29th birthday (yikes!) which typically brings with it the first day of fall. Each year along with my excitement over celebrating my day of birth, I'm almost equally as excited to break out my fall clothes!! I usually have something saved up that was purchased towards the end of August as your patience for humid sweaty days grows shorter and your longing for cool crisp Autumn days grows stronger! (You know the kind of purchase I'm talking about. Some times they come in multiples.) Anywho, just like any other year, I have been saving up my newest pride and joy for next season...my new hunter boots!!! Okay, now I know you're probably thinking, Kelly...really...rubber boots?!? But I have a little surprise...









BAM! Wouldn't have guessed fabulous equestrian boots huh!

Ok, maybe you know about Hunter's line of super chic leather boots, but I was like fat kid in a candy store the day these arrived (courtesy of Papa Murph) and have been aching to wear them ever since! So my super sweet hubby Bryan planned a little get together/birthday celebration with friends tonight with only minor encouragement from me...okay, okay I may have strongly encouraged him! I blame my mother for my overwhelming need to have birthdays be a large celebration. While her intentions were noble when we were children to give us lavish birthday celebrations, it only created an adult who longed for lavish birthday celebrations. Only problem is adults and lavish in the same sentence usually equals a much larger price tag!
Ahhh, I digress...

So we're headed out on the town tonight and my big plan was to debut THE BOOTS tonight!! Unfortunately this unrelenting summer heat will not go away and I fear I will look silly in 90 degree weather and tall leather boots. On the other hand though, I'm leaning towards the attitude of "I don't care" and the fact that the temperature tends to drop rather quickly along with the sun, so I might just run with it! We shall see...

So tonight we're headed out with friends which just kick starts our busy weekend. We also have a wedding to go to on Saturday and a TON of house work to do! Our house is a never ending project, which you will be privileged to hear all about if it's decided you can stand my random banter and keep following my blog! I'll leave with you with a few other fall items that I'm dying to sport once the heat surrenders!!

Warm colorful scarves


The oh so wonderful (and oh so forgiving) legging
Finally a coat that's warm enough and small enough to travel easily with me. I might just pop the collar as well like this cool chic does ;)

And finally...

Okay, so i don't have this last item in my possession...but I do really long for it...

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

1 comment: