Monday, January 10, 2011

Slow start to the new year

 
I wish I could say I have a fabulous project to show you which would explain my recent absence...
and while I can say I have been SUPER busy, unfortunately not super busy in the home project area.
Bryan, Grey Dog and I took a trip up to NJ over Christmas to visit with my family and extended the stay longer than expected due to a blizzard!!  While shoveling 2+ feet of snow wasn't high on my list of things to do on vacation, it was nice to have a little extra time to spend with family and friends that we don't get to see often!

Once we finally made it back to NC I quickly developed a cold, which quickly turned to a nasty cough and eventually developed into fever, chills and the sweats.  So while we had a nice evening with great friends on New Years Eve, I took a turn for the worse after the ball dropped and spent the start of 2011 in bed!

So I'm just starting to get my head back on straight after the fun of the holidays and haze of the flu...or maybe it was the haze of holidays and resting with the flu...

Anywho, I'm working on updating my project list and it keeps growing and growing!!!
(shhhh, just don't tell Bryan, he thinks it only has one item on it!!)

In the mean time, here are some pictures from the last few weeks.  I'll be back soon with some recent changes to the living room and the current cushion project underway!
Happy New Year!!

 Shoveling out the car
Family Picture
Grey Dog ran for hours in the snow!
 Then he slept for hours on my parents leather couch.  Only a grand-dog could get away with this!
 We had a delicious New Years Eve feast thanks to Nick and Jenn
 Matt & Paige's daughter Lillian was a party animal on her first New Years Eve celebration
Just some sweet snuggles from my favorite pup

There's lot's of fun projects to come in 2011 so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment